The State newspaper published this news today: "The 821 since school began include 570 student cases and 251 employee cases, according to the DHEC database updated Tuesday."
I have written to the reporter and asked him to publish in future articles how many students there are in South Carolina schools and the number of school employees.
The State is terrorizing the public with its constant bombardment of COVID-19 news without providing the big picture.
Richland 2 - seven schools reporting. 27,822 students (as of Day 10 of the school year). Employees? 3,-4,000?
"Less than five" means 1-4.
New student cases (3 schools): 3-12 new cases; 7/27,822=0.025%
New employee cases (5 schools): 5-20 new cases; 12/4000=0.3%
From The State today (9/29/20)
- Catawba Trail Elementary: Fewer than 5 employee cases
- Forest Lake Elementary: Fewer than 5 employee cases
- L.B. Nelson Elementary: Fewer than 5 student cases
- Muller Road Middle: Fewer than 5 employee cases
- Richland Northeast High: Fewer than 5 student cases
- Spring Valley High: Fewer than 5 student cases and fewer than 5 employee cases
- Windsor Elementary: Fewer than 5 faculty cases