Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Attorney for Richland 2 School District?

Who is the attorney or law firm for the Richland 2 School District?

Does any reader here know?

If you do, please call or text me at 847.971.7083. Or email me at gusphilpott@gmail.com
I keep sources of information confidential.

I realize I could FOIA this information, but the District could take up to ten days to respond. I'd like to know before the March 26 Board meeting.

Eighteen months ago I inserted myself into the business of a small non-profit in eastern Indiana. I was a volunteer for seven weeks and paid for a membership, so that I would have standing to complain. I believed it had been functioning for years without a legally-constituted Board of Directors. There were many other problems. Their non-profit status was at risk, as well as their 501(c)(3) exemption.

My complaints fell on deaf ears. Finally, the person who was acting as Chairman of the Board announced she would talk to the non-profit's attorney and then she'd straighten me out. Well, it didn't turn out that way. I wrote the attorney and explained what was going on.

The attorney went to a Board meeting and told them that I was right and that they didn't even have a legal board. Then he guided them in correcting the many things they had been doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment