Thursday, March 21, 2019

Will you be trespassing at a R2 School Board meeting?

Trespassing is a crime; right? Everybody got that?

OK, so pay attention at the end of a Richland 2 School Board meeting and make sure you are not committing trespass.

Here's my opinion. I am not a lawyer. I've probably said 10,000 times in my lifetime. I am, however, a person who can read the words in the law and understand them. You'll likely soon encounter some who cannot.

Here's what trespassing is.

If you see a sign that reads, "No Trespassing", and you pass beyond it, you are trespassing.

If you are told to leave a place (depends on who is telling you) and you fail to leave, you are trespassing.

If you are told (by a person in authority) to leave and you do leave, but you come right back, you are trespassing.

If you are issued a Notice of Trespass, obey it until it expires or you get it canceled.

If you are standing in a public meeting room with others who have attended the meeting and you fail to immediately leave the premises as soon as the gravel drops at the end of the meeting, I believe you are not trespassing.

If you have had some experience with this after a Richland 2 school board meeting, please contact me. I will respect the confidentiality of our conversation. If you don't want your name used, I shall never use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment