Friday, May 17, 2019

Did an ethics violation occur on May 14?

While Amelia McKie was lavishing praise on Supt. Davis in her closing comments at the May 14, 2019 Board meeting, she threw in a statement that, to me, appeared to be unethical.

I think she thanked every living soul in Richland County, except me, as she said (at 3:53:38):

"I thank you all who are continuing to focus on policies that affect our district and, by doing so,
honoring the 26,000-plus voters who sent me here for my fifth year of service."

This is a political statement and cannot be allowed at a meeting of a public body.

I intend to find out whether this is a violation of South Carolina Ethics laws.

School District employees do not do their jobs to "honor" those who voted for McKie. They do their jobs because they like the work and get paid to do it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the voters!

No comments:

Post a Comment