Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Richland 2 alters agendas

Recently I wrote about the practice of the Richland 2 School District to change a published agenda after a School Board meeting.

It is my very strong belief that the original agenda should be preserved on the District's website.

Rather than reporting action taken only in the Minutes, it is apparently the practice of Richland 2 to alter the published agenda and to add the actions taken at a meeting and the votes by the board. By adding these changes, the original agenda no longer exists.

When I first discovered this, I assumed that the changes were being made after the meeting had ended.

This evening I did not attend the Regular Meeting. At about 7:40PM I logged onto the District's website to examine whether there might have been any changes to the agenda after it was published last week.

To my great surprise, I found that the actions being taken at tonight's meeting are being entered on the Agenda during the meeting!

As it happens, I am reading George Orwell's 1984 this week. If you haven't read it, you can read it on your computer from the www.HooplaDigital.com service of the Richland Public Library system.

No comments:

Post a Comment