Monday, July 13, 2020

"School Closures Threaten Kids More Than COVID-19, Pediatricians Say"

The headline above a recent newsletter article brings an additional and important point-of-view for parents' consideration. Click here for the article.

At the July 9, 2020 Richland 2 school board meeting a presentation with graphs was made that showed the concerns of various groups in Richland 2 (students, parents, staff) about the re-opening of schools. You can view that presentation on the YouTube recording of the school board meeting.

Too often I hear "Why don't 'they' do more?" Well, they are we. Are you involved in the planning for your child's education with consideration of the current conditions? Did you respond to Richland 2's survey?

Are you griping about what Trump is (or is not) doing? I mean, President Trump. I am so tired of people saying "Trump". (I know, I know. I am surrounded by too many Democrats.) 

The U.S. Department of Education is not making knee-jerk decisions. Nor is the South Carolina Department of Education. Nor is Richland 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment