Sunday, August 2, 2020

School District - new employee?

Named "Covid-19"? Seriously?

On July 27, 2020 I mailed a letter to Board Chair James Shadd, to be delivered to the Richland 2 District Office at its mailing address of 124 Risdon Way (29223). Because of its importance, I mailed it Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested.

It was finally delivered on July 31, and the green delivery card arrived in my mailbox on August 1.

Imagine my surprise when I saw that "Covid-19" had signed for the letter!

What's the problem?

First, I'm pretty sure there is no employee or contract worker named "Covid-19".

Secondly, if this matter goes to court and I have to prove that the letter was received at the Richland 2 District Office, how do I subpoena "Covid-19" to testify that the letter was received? 

Is that like R2D2? Will a robot show up in court?

I wonder whether an employee was allowed to (or, worse, directed to) sign that way.

A request will now be made to Richland 2 to identify the person who signed for the letter, just in case this matter does end up in court.



No comments:

Post a Comment