Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Replace McKie as organizer of inspirational moment

Did anyone at tonight's meeting have any hearing left after the inspiration moment?

First of all, Amelia McKie, dutifully wearing her mask, mumbled into her microphone in a soft voice that was not amplified adequately in the meeting room. She introduced someone, as students waited with band instruments to enter.

And enter they did. The first to enter carried cymbals. And then came drummers. How many? I counted them: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. SEVEN. Oh-oh. 

Within a minute I decided not to risk what's left of my hearing and I walked out to the atrium. Even out there, it was LOUD. Apparently, I was the only one seriously concerned about hearing loss. Maybe everyone else was just too polite to walk out. How many sat there and thought, "I am going to lose my hearing!"

Why in the world would McKie ever invite a percussion group into a small board room? And it wasn't for just the inspirational "moment". It went on for 5-6 minutes.

I was in the atrium and thought about asking the two deputies to go in and rescue people!

McKie won't be replaced. She is a full-fledged member of Team Holmes and The Squad. And not even a legitimate board member.

No comments:

Post a Comment