Friday, October 15, 2021

Caution-Parker said WHAT?

As Board member Cheryl Caution-Parker left R2i2 on Tuesday night, Oct. 12, and walked through the crowd of parents gathered just outside the front doors, several parents thought they heard an inappropriate utterance from her. I heard parents ask "Why did she just say?", but I did not personally hear Caution-Parker's words. 

More than one parent was recording video, and one exclaimed about what she had just heard.

Did Caution-Parker really say what the parents heard?

I'd reach out to her for a comment, but I have several reasons for not doing so.

First, I doubt she would reply.

Secondly, no matter how politely and professionally my inquiry would be worded, she'd probably find something wrong with it. I don't need to defend myself from a reckless and false claim, as was mounted against me by another board member back in March 2019.

But the parents heard it. 

Remember when Caution-Parker echoed Holmes during the meeting about "the children"? Well, the "children" are watching. Parents are sitting their older children down and showing them the recording of the chaotic October 12 board meeting. Then they are trying to explain to their children why certain behaviors were being demonstrated.

During the Board and Superintendent Comments near the end of the meeting, Caution-Parker ran out her "40 years of experience" one more time. Should she be proud of how she is winding up those 40 years? 

No comments:

Post a Comment