Thursday, October 14, 2021

Facebook & Holmes

There used to be a Facebook page for "Dr.Teresa Holmes" (no space between Dr.Teresa). Now there isn't. Or, if there is, I cannot view it.

Gee, now why wouldn't Holmes want me to view her Facebook page?

If you see my name on her Facebook page or any mention of me, please grab a screenshot and email it to gusphilpott@gmail.com

I remember her page, because it identified her as a Richland 2 "Commissioner". It still does, according to a friend who viewed it this morning. Of course, Richland 2 School Board doesn't have Commissioners. It has Trustees.

Maybe she meant Commissar?

There is a Facebook page for "Dr. Teresa Holmes" (space between Dr. and Teresa) with little activity on it. 

In a nasty email to me dated September 15, 2021, Holmes wrote: 

"Gus, I have often tolerated you hateful remarks and email. However, this time you have gone too far.  I lost my husband Rev. Dr. Jacob A. Holmes Jr. 4 years ago which, I know you are fully aware of.  I will no longer tolerate nor concern myself with your continuous diatribe of falsehoods and insults.  After this message you are officially blocked from any further contact   with me.  Go spout your hate on those who care  about you and what your deceitful lying  mouth has to say.....Do not contact  me again or include me in your racist, hateful. lying  remarks or emails.  It is sad that someone of your advanced age is not concerned about your mortality and relationship with God.  I will pray that God will forgive your outright evilness and have mercy for your pitiful soul.  It has to be hard working on being so evil.  

Widower,
Dr. Teresa Holmes 

#Officallydonewithyourfoolishness"

Because I cannot view her Facebook page, my guess is that she blocked me. As a public official, she is treading on thin ice when she blocks a constituent. That Facebook page appeared to be her official page for the position she usurps as school board trustee. It recently showed board members at a reception with the Fort Jackson Commanding Officer. So it is a public page.

But maybe she can block me, because she is not legally a school board trustee. As I've written many times, she violated S.C. state law 8-13-1110 by taking the oath of office on November 13, 2018, before she filed her Statement of Economic Interests Report on December 4, 2018. To refresh your memory, here is the state law:

ARTICLE 11
Disclosure of Economic Interests

"SECTION 8-13-1110. Persons required to file statement of economic interests.
(A) No public official, regardless of compensation, and no public member or public employee as designated in subsection (B) may take the oath of office or enter upon his official responsibilities unless he has filed a statement of economic interests in accordance with the provisions of this chapter with the appropriate supervisory office."

Holmes violated the law twice; first, by taking the oath before she filed her SEI and, secondly, by entering upon official responsibilities before filing the SEI.

So did Amelia McKie.

No comments:

Post a Comment