Sunday, October 10, 2021

Mitch McConnell hits back at Merrick Garland

Earlier today I finished preparing my statement for Tuesday night's school board meeting.

Just now I read this article that explains U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's reaction to Merrick Garland's October 4th announcement that likens some parents to domestic terrorists. Mitch must have sneaked a peek at the draft of my statement!

Read that article carefully.

McConnell claims that Garland's Memo could be a clamp down on parents' Constitutional rights. Exactly! Listen to my statement on Tuesday night - assuming I don't get cut off before I get to that part.

McConnell calls Garland's words "ominous rhetoric". 

Republicans on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee said on October 7, "...the FBI should not be involved in quashing and criminalizing discourse that is well beneath violent acts.”

Read the article slowly, carefully and thoughtfully. You might even want to print it.

No comments:

Post a Comment