Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Not a little wrong - a LOT wrong

Just returned from the circus (err, the school board meeting). I'll write more in detail tomorrow, but about all I can say is, "Holmes wasn't just a little wrong tonight (as board chair), she was a LOT wrong.

She was following the book on meeting order called "Holmes' Rules of Order", when she should have been following Robert's Rules of Order.

She interrupted me several times during my three minutes for Public Participation. Worse, she interrupted Trustees Agostini, Scott and McFadden.

As I sat in the meeting, I looked up Point of Order, in Robert's Rules of Order. Yes, I do have my own copy. Surprised? I didn't think so.

If you want to see chaos, watch tonight's meeting. Go to livestream.com/richland2 and select October 12, 2021. Fast-forward to 1:15:45 to pass the long stretch while the board was in Executive Session.

Amelia McKie gave the shortest Inspiration Moment ever. She ended with "Be kind. Be kind. Be kind." (Did Teresa Holmes miss that?)  It didn't take long for the fireworks and chaos to ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment