Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Fights in Richland 2 Schools?

What's going on in Richland 2 schools with all the fights?

Today I heard about fights at Dent Middle School. Kids roaming the halls, shoving and cursing. Seriously?

What are the Principals, Assistant Principals, teachers and SRO(s) doing about it?

Are the inmates taking over the asylum?

It's a good thing I'm not a teacher. I might make it to the end of First Period.

It's a good thing I'm not a principal. I might make it to noon on my first day.

My first-day morning's announcement would be:

"This is the first day of the rest of your life. No more cursing, rudeness, pushing, shoving, throwing things. No more chaos and bullying. No more weapons at school. If you "made a mistake" and brought a weapon today, bring it to the office. Now. Surrendering it voluntarily means you can go back to class.

"Otherwise, you're going to get expelled and go to jail. This is your choice. You have one minute to make it.

"You are here to learn. We will teach you, and you will learn.

"If you don't want to be here, walk out now. If you want this to be a school-to-prison pipeline, we will arrange that. Choose wisely."

1 comment:

  1. Add fights at Ridge View High School today to your list. Any others?

    ReplyDelete