Monday, February 7, 2022

Crime of the Century

I finally learned what terrible crime I committed on January 25 that resulted in my being kicked out of the school board meeting.

Keep your distance, folks. I don't know if you'll want to be associated with me or even admit that you know me.

This dastardly deed has resulted in my being banned from ALL Richland 2 properties until June 30. So I can't go to the Sandhills Library or even get a COVID-19 test. Be sure to increase your social-distancing, if you see me coming.

Keep in mind that I was convicted without a trial and sentenced to Richland 2 Jail for five months.

So far, I haven't been given an opportunity to face my accuser (but that will come).  Security Super Chief Marq Claxton didn't tell me why he was kicking me off the property and didn't tell me for how long and if was only R2i2. 

I was emailed a copy of the Trespassing Notice today. Get this. It was dated January 26, 2022, which was the day after Pamela Davis yelled at me and excited two Richland 2 security officers. A Certified Mail envelope showed up in my mailbox on February 5th. Guess when it was postmarked? January 31. Why would the District hold it from January 26 until January 31?

A big question in my mind is when was it actually mailed. If it was metered at Richland 2, the postmark is not necessarily the day it was mailed; it's just the day on which the envelope went through the postage meter. How many days was it held at Richland 2? USPS revealed the answer; it got the letter for me on February 1.

The school district paid $7.33 in postage for Certified Mail., but they don't really have any proof that I received the letter - only that it was put in my mailbox. Was it mailed Return Receipt Requested? Is the postal carrier's signature good enough?  When I pay good money for Certified Mail, I want the signature of someone at that address!

The USPS online record indicates "Delivered, Left with Individual." That's false. The mail carrier left it in the mailbox. He (or she) must have removed the green card and signed it. I wonder whose name he signed. You can bet I'll be finding out.

Oh, yes. The crime? Ready for this? "Disruptive Behavior"

Was Pamela Davis issued a Trespass Notice for the same grievous act (or worse)? Wasn't her shouting at me considerably more disruptive than my polite "Hello, I'm Gus Philpott"? Were her alleged profanities (plural) not disruptive?

Maybe my disruption was what I said next to the two men and the 14-year-old student? "Does anyone know who she is?"

I have emailed Will Anderson, COO, to ask what the appeal procedure is.

No comments:

Post a Comment