Monday, March 21, 2022

Richland 2 and Race

Last week a long-time friend and former co-worker asked me this question: "How can they ban someone - especially someone who is NOT disruptive, disrespectful, abusive, or violent - from the school grounds?"

My answer?

"It's easy. The woman is black. The superintendent is black. The (illegitimate) Board Chair and Board Secretary are black. The security chief is black. Almost all, if not all, the security officers are black. 80% of the students are black or brown."

Did you see the photo of the superintendent with all the Premier Men-of-Color on the escalator?
at R2i2?

Was holding a race-based meeting in a public school facility legal? What did the Premier 100 R2 Conference cost the Richland 2 School District?

Remember when the superintendent told the Board that he is not evaluated on his Premier 100 Men-of-Color initiative? If he is not, why is it even being allowed in Richland 2? We know the answer to that one. Because The Core Four won't question it.

Baron loves his Twitter, doesn't he? I may have to escape from Twitter Jail to stay abreast of his Twitter spoutings. All I have to do is recant my "Looters should be shot" tweet to Michael Smerconish in June 2020. Nah, I can do without Twitter.

Whatever happened to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion in Richland 2?

I'm a person-of-color. My color happens to be White. Now I'm the one who is oppressed. I'm the one who was and is a victim. Except I refuse to be a victim. And I am not oppressed; well, maybe I am - at least until July 1, 2022.

Now, tomorrow night, at the March 22nd board meeting, count the number of times you heard "y'all" from the board chair. That's class; right? That's a "product" of Spring Valley High School, as she proudly says. That's a person with an online Ed.D. from a California online school. Got it, y'all?

You want a conversation about this?

Use the Comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment