Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Convocation still locked

On August 9, 2022 the superintendent made a speech to employees. It is at   https://livestream.com/richland2/events/10569733, but the recording is password-protected (locked).

On August 11th I emailed the superintendent and asked him to unlock it. There was no reply from his office or him.

I also filed a FOIA Request on August 11th, anticipating a delay on the District's part.

On August 15th I emailed Board Chairman James Manning and asked the board to direct the superintendent to unlock the speech. Manning replied, "This is an administrative issue and you are already in touch with the proper staff regarding your concern." Obvious, that is a totally unsatisfactory reply.

Today I emailed the superintendent again, making the same request.

I also emailed the Richland 2 Ombudsman this message:

"Good morning,

"Will you please let me know the reason that the 8/9/2022 Convocation is password-protected (locked) and when the password-protection will be removed?

"A dictionary definition of "Ombudsman" is "an official appointed to investigate individuals' complaints against maladministration, especially that of public authorities."

"I hope you will be able to answer this question. Thank you."

I doubt that the Ombudsman will be able to do so, because she is a Direct Report to the superintendent. She does what she is told to do.

I doubt that the Richland 2 Ombudsman has authority to investigate anything. She is more of a "traffic cop" and merely re-directs inquiries to others, who may or may not respond. Much like a secretary or administrative assistant.

In many businesses and government agencies, an ombudsman actually has some clout. Why do I think that is not the case in Richland 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment