Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Why so easy on the new board?

Yesterday I received a telephone call from a community member who asked why I was being so "easy" on the new board. That person reminded me (correctly) that I had been hard on the old board.

Indeed, I had. And they deserved it.

And the caller was right that I've cut the new board some slack. Why is that? It's not because they are doing better than the old board. I explained that the reason is that I'm tired.

More than once I've thought to myself, "OK, the honeymoon is over." It's time to call it like it is.

This last election was proof that you don't need to be qualified to be a school board members. What you need is more votes than the others. 

How long will it take them to learn to function as a board? Board meetings should not be longer than 90 minutes. That's how long they were five years ago. 

If they wonder (and I doubt they do) why the public is not showing up at meetings, all they have to do is look at the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment