Sunday, September 5, 2021

Director of First Impressions


 Imagine my surprise last week when I approached the visitor desk at R2i2 and spotted this name-plate.

What was my first impression? "What the heck is that?" My tax dollars at work, eh?

When did the school board approve a "Director" employment slot at R2i2? Where does a Director fit in the hierarchy of administrators? Above greeter? Above department head? Above manager? Above assistant principal and principal? 

Above Superintendent?

Is Director even above Commissioner?

If I were to stroll up to the visitor desk, struggle to understand and be understood through the plexiglass windscreen protecting me from the employee seated behind it, and maybe not be greeted with a super-friendly and welcoming smile and words, what kind of "first impression" would the District be making on me?

Whose brainchild was that nameplate?

No comments:

Post a Comment