Monday, January 31, 2022

Shut down by NextDoor.com

Yesterday (1/30/2022) afternoon NextDoor.com abruptly suspended my account, without notice or warning.

There were two active threads running. I had started one before the January 25th school board meeting, and I had started the second one earlier on Sunday morning.

There were many comments on both.

At 3:40PM Terrence Cummngs posted on NextDoor
Terrence CummingsSummer Pines LEAD
Gus, just close this post. You can see that others now are not silent about your obsession with the Board.



 
Although I had blocked Terrence sometime back, I received an email of his post. I certainly did not intend to close the post, just because of Terrence's opinion. Is it possible that he had had something to do with the suspension of my account, since he is a neighborhood "Lead"?

This petty "cancel culture" nonsense is continuing to drive a wedge between people in the United States and worldwide. 

I've been in Twitter Jail since June 2020 because of a tweet to Michael Smerconish one Saturday morning. His show about looting on the West Coast, and I tweeted, "Looters should be shot."

I guess I'll have to serve a life sentence in Twitter Jail, because I refuse to retract that statement. It's even truer today.

After much searching, I found a page through Google for the NextDoor Help Center and sent the following message to them. My account was suspended once before. When I complained, it was restored and posts were re-published.

"Please explain, specifically, why my NextDoor account was abruptly suspended on 1/30/2022 without warning or advance notice. I had two active threads running about the chaos with our local school board, Richland School District Two (or Richland 2 School District (or Board)). Please provide your direct email address and phone number, so that I may resolve this as quickly as possible, restore my account and have the two threads restored without loss of content. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment