Sunday, February 13, 2022

Can citizen file complaint for violation of Board Policy?

Can a citizen file a complaint against a board member for violating Board Policy?

(Acting) Board Chair Teresa Holmes should have shut down Craig Khanwell on Tuesday night, February 4, 2022, when he ran off on his racist rant during Public Participation. 

Now that the limits are known, the Richland 2 School Board can expect a much higher level of verbal and emotional expression.

It will be okay to repeat the false statements issued by the Richland 2 media department and to issue threats toward racial groups. Khanwell was allowed to threaten white people in the audience. Will Teresa allow white speakers to threaten blacks? Will she allow other blacks to threaten whites?

What I know is that white people in Richland 2 do not threaten black people. 

If a black woman feels threatened, intimidated, in fear by the polite words, "Hello, I'm Gus Philpott", then I would recommend therapy. 

Should a white person speak at the next school board meeting, turn around toward the audience, and yell, "DON'T YOU BLACK PEOPLE EVER - EVER - FEEL INTIMIDATED BY A WHITE PERSON WHO SPEAKS TO YOU POLITELY! WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT!"

That will never happen. 

And what else will not happen? I shall not be intimidated into not speaking to a black man or woman I don't know. I've made some great friends by introducing myself to people I did not know. 

When I was observing the protests in front of Sgt. Pentland's home in April, did I get upset with blacks who surrounded me and or by one black man who shouted, "WHITE PRIVILEGE" repeatedly at me? The 150 black protesters shouted, gestured, waved signs, yelled through bullhorns. They expressed irritation toward me, because I was not joining in. They accomplished absolutely nothing there.

The board chair, The Core Four, the superintendent allowed Khanwell to disrupt the school board meeting and they did and said nothing to stop him. Board Policy was violated repeatedly. Did Holmes slam down her gavel and try to restore order? Did she say, even once to Khanwell, "You are out of order"? 

Not once.

Listen to Khanwell's rant again on the recording at 1:46:30 on livestream.com/richland2 (Feb. 4, 2022) THAT is what is destroying efforts by blacks and whites to get along and work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment