Thursday, February 3, 2022

Mail Delivery 2/3/2022 - Nothing from Richland 2

Did Richland 2 decide it had made a big mistake by issuing me a verbal Trespass Warning at the board meeting on January 25, 2022?

Is that why it hasn't followed up with a written Trespass Notice?

Did Marq Claxton actually just issue a verbal warning last Thursday and order me off the property for that one night only?

The District had time to put out a couple of media releases, and Teresa Holmes and James Manning had time to jump on their soapboxes in front of R2i2 on Friday. I'm so glad they did that. Their words were aired on WIS-TV and are recorded for replay and future use. 

I emailed the superintendent that night (Jan. 25)  at 11:44PM. In that email, I wrote, in part,

"Claxton made a huge error by not asking me what happened. He apparently took your wife's word (only) about what happened. 

"I urge you to direct Claxton NOT to issue a Trespass Notice without a complete investigation, Including talking with me and telling me exactly what Mrs. Davis said."

Apparently, the superintendent accepted my suggestion and has told Claxton to delay sending me any written Notice. Claxton has not contacted me.

Claxton is a former NYPD officer. He ought to know general law-enforcement policy. Before you make a decision, you interview the people involved; especially in a petty situation like a school board hearing.

Of course, what happened after Pamela Davis yelled at me is not so petty. According to media reports she uttered profanities at a 14-year-old high school student who was there to address the school board that evening.

That should have resulted in her expulsion from the meeting, a Trespass Notice to her, and an investigation by Richland Two officials. The superintendent would have to recuse himself as her husband and as a participant that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment