Saturday, March 26, 2022

What is a Woman? Anyone?

Pres. Biden's pick for a U.S. Supreme Court nominee, Ketanji Brown Jackson, wouldn't even say what she thinks a woman is.

Now, is that someone whom anyone wants on the Supreme Court? 

That not only reflects poorly on her, but it reflects poorly on Biden for nominating her. Did he actually talk to her, or did his minions put her up and say, "Pick her. Pick her"?

People keep telling me not to judge (no pun intended) a book by its cover. As a photographer, I realize that any photograph is just 1/1,000th second of a person's expression. In Jackson's case, I do so judge.

The photographs circulating in conservative news scream at me, "Not that one. Not that one."

Biden previously announced he intended to nominate a black woman to the SCOTUS. That's about as stupid as Richland Two's 100 Premier Men of Color project.

There are ways for a high court's nominee to avoid answering questions that could come up before her in an official capacity later on. Refusing to say what a "woman" is, is probably not one of them.

OK, is Lia Thomas a woman?

All this nonsense suggests to me that I ought to put on a brassiere and stroll into the April 7th school board meeting. When Marq Claxton grabs me and tries to have me arrested, I'll just say, "I am not Gus Philpott, to whom y'all issued a Trespass Notice. I am Frankie Philpott. Now get your grimy paws off me before I have you arrested for sexual harassment!"

If you can get at it, read today's Daily Signal, a publication of the Heritage Foundation. There are two great articles. One is about Jackson.

The other is by Hans Spankovsky and the attempt of the League of Women Voters to cancel him in Akron, Ohio.

If you aren't yet a supporter of the Heritage Foundation, I strongly encourage you to become a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment