Friday, April 8, 2022

Where is the 4/7/2022 Video???

This morning I could not access the recording of last night's board meeting, and I submitted an inquiry through the Let's Talk function on the District's homepage.

This afternoon I received this response:

"Thanks for reaching out. There was an issue with the upload to the live stream. The video for the April 7, 2022 meeting is being processed for uploading on the Richland Two YouTube channel. It should be posted by tomorrow."

Last week I raised the question about why it was no longer possible to copy the YouTube recording into Vibby.com and select out a portion of the recording for a comment.

This is the response that I received on March 29th to that inquiry:

"The district's media production team recently standardized the settings for all videos uploaded on the district's YouTube channel. This standardization ensures that, no matter which member of our team uploads a video to the district's channel, we will apply the Video Details settings consistently and in line with our best practices."

What do I think really happened? I think the District changed the YouTube settings to prevent others and me from selecting embarrassing portions of meetings and placing a link in our messages and blogs, while allowed a reader quickly to access the specific portion of the meeting. 

The District didn't just "standardize" settings for uniformity of staff; it changed settings.

What chance is there that fiddling with the setting interfered withthe prompt posting of last night's video? It seemed to me that the live recording did not begin before the meeting was called to order. The Board was 25 minutes late, and I thought the live recording started after Vice Chair Manning called the meeting to order. He was saying something about Holmes' absence, but I didn't hear the reason.

I did hear her dog bark at one point, and Holmes was inattentive at times and not able to respond promptly and vote without prompting. That's our $400/meeting Chair for you. How many meetings has she missed (in-person)?

No comments:

Post a Comment