Monday, May 1, 2023

Search Firm hired yet?

Has the Richland 2 School Board/District retained a search firm yet to identify candidates for consideration for the new permanent superintendent?

So far, there have been many Executive Sessions but no announcement.

Does the Board know how to hire a superintendent?

Did they contact other districts to find out whom they interviewed but didn't hire?

What will a search cost? And how quickly will it commence? (Hint: it should have commenced in February.)

I recall investigating a job in 1987 for an executive director of a chamber of commerce in eastern Oregon. A member of the board's search committee responded to my resume and asked me a few questions. Then he asked if I'd pay my own expenses to come there for an interview. I was in Kansas City at the time.

I asked how many candidates they planned to interview. Nine. I told him I would pay my own expenses 1) if I were one of two final candidates for the position and 2) if they would reimburse me if they hired me.

I never received any questions, and I never followed up to learn whom they hired. I also realized that I never wanted to be an Executive Director of a chamber. Can you imagine having 15 "bosses" (on the Board of Directors) and trying to keep eight of them happy?

[Edited. Richland 2 has hired McPherson & Jacobson LLC, according to ABC in Columbia earlier today. The firm is located in Omaha, Nebraska. Its website is https://macnjake.com/ 

Guess who is listed on their website as a member of their consultant team for South Carolina: "Dr. Baron Davis". And the Richland 2 Board picked that firm???

Read that firm's "Equity Policy". 

WOKE - all the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment