Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Where is my answer?

At the October 13th school board, my emailed communication was read to the board. I wrote:

Members of the board,

I request a response from the District to my two questions.

To what extent is The 1619 Project being introduced, taught or discussed in any classrooms in the Richland 2 School District?

If it is not yet in the Richland 2 School District, will the School Board be consulted before it is taught?

I look forward to your response.

I was optimistic that the Board Chair and the superintendent might have been listening. A week has passed, and there has been no reply. I'm not surprised. Board Chair James Shadd has not replied to any communication from me, starting with my email to him on July 4.

There is, of course, a way for me to get the answer, even when the district doesn't want to provide it. I can submit a Freedom of Information Act Request, and I'll receive a reply in two weeks. Is that what it will take?



No comments:

Post a Comment